underneath the stars
I'll wait for you darling.

Navigations are at the top.
bold italic underline link

Thursday, 8 August 2013
Family
Thursday, August 08, 2013

What is family?

Is it a collection of people you're related to? By blood or bonds maybe? Is it a coming together of people you know and trust?

It's Hari Raya.

It's the celebration of the end of Ramadan. And a time when family comes together. For the past 6 years my Hari Raya amounted to morning prayers, a simple meal, a book to read, a phone call or text to my sister and a day in solitude.

It doesn't help I lost my unborn nephew just days earlier. I didn't even get the chance to give him his teddy bear. It's still in my bag. And no, my sister doesn't want her brother's support yet again.

So I ask, do I not have a family? Am I truly alone?

I wonder...




about/
credits/
past/