underneath the stars
I'll wait for you darling.

Navigations are at the top.
bold italic underline link

Saturday, 17 September 2011
Losing
Saturday, September 17, 2011



I know what it feels like to lose; and when I mean lose, I don't mean 'I lost my charger' or 'I left my iPhone in the cab, now it's lost'. Neither am I talking about 'I lost my grandma when I was 18' neither am I mentioning things like 'I lost the bear while running away'. It's much more than all that, it's much more than just the act of losing.

I know what it feels like to put in everything you got, to play til you bleed, to give til you've got nothing left, to try til you're exhausted. I know what it's like to be standing there, in the middle of everything, and all around you is just a field of failure. You've given it all, you've proven what you can do, and it still isn't enough.

You've bought flowers, you've brought her to fireworks. You've stayed up late to talk to her even though you have to wake up at 5am and you keep your phone under your pillow just in case. You cancel all your dreams and you open up just to let it all in, and I know what it feels when you get walked out upon.

You've scratched your knees, you're bleeding from your hand. You've made those impossible dives and you've attempted the acrobatic flips. You're near hyperventilation and you've fought your way past all defenses and yet there you stand, having lost the battle, and I know what it feels like to lose a battle you know you could have won.

It's true, life isn't fair, life isn't the way you wanted it to be. You wish your hard work pays off, you wish everything was as easy as 123. But the worst part of everything is knowing that somewhere in your fighting, your long, tedious attempts to connect the dots, you know it's futile.

And yet, there is somehow, some way, someone out there who just makes it all better.

And the world isn't that bad anymore.


about/
credits/
past/