Navigations are at the top.
bold italic underline link
Labels: Bayern
Once upon a time, the word Bayern struck fear in most(if not all) teams. That time included 1974-1976 team of Beckenbaur & Maier or the 2001 Dream team of Kahn, Effenberg & Elber.Once considered Kings of Europe, the Black Death by Spanairds or the ones who beat Man Utd at Old Trafford in 2001. Today the word Bayern simply means, "It's the Titans of Germany but so-so in Europe".
Real and Atletico Madrid, Villarreal, Chelsea, Arsenal, Inter Milan and Sporting Lisbon could be facing against the men from Bavaria and quite honestly, I'm not expecting much from the German giants. 7-8 years of German football have yielded 0 European contenders since 2000-2001 season. Sure in 2002 Leverkusen came close in the final & Schlake & Bayern reached the semis once in a while but never did the trophy come back to the "Fatherland".
My friends often ask me why am I so not mainstream when it comes to football. As a Singaporean, one is expected to be a United or a Liverpool fan, occasionally Arsenal & quite recently Chelsea, Real or Barca fan. I've been questioned time & time again about my patriotism to the Reds of Munich.
Bayern Munich certainly has their stars...Bastian Schweinsteiger,Luca Toni,Miroslav Klose,Philipp Lahm & Franck Ribéry... but these names seem to be unable to hold a candle to the likes of C. Ronaldo, David Villa, Wayne Rooney, Frank Lampard or even Micheal Ballack. So why is it that I'm still supporting a team like Bayern?
The Answer...
Because I believe in a Bayern team that will win the Champions League again.
Auf Wiedersehen.
Personally I think this is my best work at critising Bayern Munich